Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton star in the sci-fi thriller Edge of Tomorrow, based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka’s 2004 Japanese graphic novel. Watch the movie trailers and view the movie poster and photos below. In the near future, humankind is fighting for survival against a race of invading aliens that have the ability to control time. Defeat seems inevitable until one military officer (Cruise) finds a strategy that might hold the key to survival: dying. By exploiting a time-travel loop, he can die in battle over and over again until he learns the secret to the aliens’ destruction.
- Release Date: June 6, 2014 (3D, 2D, IMAX 3D)
- Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Adaptation
- Director: Doug Liman
- Screenwriter: Dante W. Harper, Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, Christopher McQuarrie
- Official Website: EdgeOfTomorrowMovie.com
- Starring: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton, Kick Gurry, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Jonas Armstrong, Franz Drameh, Jeremy Piven
- Running Time: Unknown
- MPAA Rating: Not yet rated
The epic action of “Edge of Tomorrow” unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. Lt. Col. Bill Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.