Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots star in Need for Speed, based on EA’s racing video game franchise. Watch the movie trailers and see the photos and poster for Need for Speed below. Framed for a crime he didn’t commit, muscle car mechanic and street racer Tobey (Aaron Paul) gets out of prison determined to settle the score with the man responsible for his false conviction.
- Release Date: March 14, 2014
- Studio: DreamWorks, Touchstone Pictures
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Adaptation
- Director: Scott Waugh
- Screenwriter: George Gatins
- Official Website: TheNeedForSpeedMovie.com
- Starring: Aaron Paul, Dominic Cooper, Imogen Poots, Scott “Kid Cudi” Mescudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Michael Keaton, Rami Malek, Dakota Johnson, Harrison Gilbertson
- Running Time: 2 hrs. 10 min.
- MPAA Rating: (PG-13) for sequences of reckless street racing, disturbing crash scenes, nudity and crude language.
The story chronicles a near-impossible cross-country race against time—one that begins as a mission for revenge, but proves to be one of redemption. In a last attempt to save his struggling garage, blue-collar mechanic Tobey Marshall (Paul)—who with his team skillfully builds and races muscle cars on the side—reluctantly partners with wealthy, arrogant ex-NASCAR driver Dino Brewster (Cooper). Just as a major sale to car broker Julia Bonet (Poots) looks like it will save the business, a disastrous, unsanctioned race results in Dino framing Tobey for manslaughter.
Two years later and fresh out of prison, Tobey is set on revenge with plans to take down Dino in the high-stakes De Leon race—the Super Bowl of underground racing. To get there in time, Tobey must run a high-octane, action-packed gauntlet, dodging cops coast-to-coast and dealing with fallout from a dangerous bounty Dino put on his car. With his loyal crew and the surprisingly resourceful Julia as allies, Tobey defies odds at every turn and proves that even in the flashy world of exotic supercars, the underdog can still finish first.